LAS VEGAS (February 15, 2017) — The Western Regional Alliance (WRA) is pleased to announce that Andrew Gruber has joined its board of directors. Mr….
The Western Regional Alliance connects the western United States to the 21st century global network through a shared vision for commerce, transportation infrastructure, and economic development. Founded by the metropolitan planning and transit organizations in five western cities, the Western Regional Alliance fosters cooperation and advocacy on shared policy priorities between western metropolitan economies.
Latest WRA News
The Maricopa Association of Governments (MAG) has developed two new tools that can help stimulate economic development by better understanding regional freight flows. MAG previewed…
The economic prosperity and environmental sustainability of western metropolitan regions are intertwined. By fostering cooperation and developing public policy, the Western Regional Alliance aims to realize the following goals for the region:
- Research and develop policy on issues of importance to western metropolitan economies, including transportation, the environment, and economic development.
- Ensure that the western United States is getting its fair share of transportation investment from the federal government.
- Foster cooperation and data sharing between and among metropolitan regions in the western United States.
- Improve and solidify connections to western trading partners in Canada and Mexico.
- Function as the policy advocate leader for the region to accomplish the goals and objectives of the Alliance.
About the West
The Western United States has, for decades, been one of the fastest growing areas of the country – and it has managed its growth by relying on urban density, natural resource conservation, migration, and new industry.
Currently there are no events scheduled. Check back soon for more updates!